1. Losing a friend because he broke your girl’s heart and you had to pick a side.
2. Losing a lover because you wanted him to take you seriously and gave him an ultimatum.
3. Having to attend boring management meetings because you got promoted.
4. A lie being told about you in a place or manner that a rebuttal can never be made but impressions have been formed.
5. Expecting you to play nice when someone says you should be thankful for a loss in your life because having that thing isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.
6. Not knowing whether to keep quiet or speak your truth about a situation that could potentially escalate.
7. Not being able to kiss your aged parents or grand parents because they could catch covid-19 and die.
8. Seeing the status updates of someone who used to be your very best friend and now he or she is just a stranger who knows all your secrets and is happy without you.
9. Being stuck in a relationship that makes you more sad than happy, just because of the optics.
10. When you can’t give an elder or boss a piece of your mind because of that thing called respect.
What awful thing should be added to this list?
While you are thinking of a time when you felt awful about one of the things above, also think about the person or people who have been on the receiving end of your awfulness. Let’s try to live by these 3 principles:
1. Be kinder to one another.
2. Live your truth; makesure your choices make you genuinely happy. It’s your life not theirs.
3. Look at the bigger picture. A lot of things don’t make sense when you look at them in bits and pieces.
Stay safe Chutzpah fam! Some of you are working from home, or may be in self-isolation, while others continue life as they know it. Please remember to be kind. Do not hoard supplies, do not spread the covid-19 virus, maintain safe distances and proper hygiene and remember to say a prayer for the world.
Sending love and light your way!