More than a few women dread that time in a budding relationship with a handsome beau when he or his fellow menfolk ask the overhyped and overplayed question;
“What’s your body count?”
“How many men have you been with?”
Now depending on whether she thinks he is husband material or just another fling, that number may be adjusted to a number between zero and infinity. The truth is often not on the menu.
But are there more important questions than this particular one that makes virgins and hoes sweat alike? A zero may be a deal breaker if he doesn’t share your moral values and any number greater than zero may hit a nail on the relationship coffin if he wants to be your one and only and for the most part, one can’t really tell what answer a guy is looking for when he askes this trick question.
So honestly this post is for the guys!
A body count isn’t as important as you make it sound. A girl can sleep with one man 100 times or 10 men 10 times and it wouldn’t still reveal if she was a hoe, wife material or whatever other label you were hoping to slap on her. The only advantage the former has over the latter is the fact that she’s only carrying spiritual baggage from one guy as opposed to 10 guys.
Yea it’s true that when the bodies fuse together in that mating ritual, spirits and souls unite. If the woman was carrying the spirit of failure she gives it to you and vice versa (nkan be things). Steer clear of STIs- Spiritually Transmitted Infections. That’s how destinies are changed as I have been told.
Anyway it still doesn’t save you if she has had only one because what if that one guy had a babanla bad spirit or gave her HIV, or made her do an abortion which had complications or had a womb-destroying 🐓 and she now walks bow-legged? Just goes to show the answer to that question reveals nothing, lies aside. Besides a changed girl with a past is better than a girl who brings only her zero body count to the table although that in itself is admirable.
So seriously, here are ten questions more important than her body count:
1. Have you done a recent medical test to screen for HIV, Hepatitis and other Stds? (It isn’t more embarrassing than asking for her body count but it’s more practical)
2. Are you over your ex? Are you currently hung over or crushing on someone else? (Her emotional availability is important)
3. Have you met Jesus? (If she has, old things have passed away! Don’t judge unless your past is squeaky clean)
4. Have you had a thing with any of my close family, business associates or friends? (This is often a deal breaker unless you hear it from her first so you might as well ask)
5. What do you want from this relationship? (Fun, Friendship, Finance or a Future? So you both are on the same page from the get go)
6. Have you ever had a medical procedure done? If yes, were there any complications that would directly affect us now or in the future? (You don’t need to know what the procedure was but if there are complications that would affect you directly it’s only fair you know)
7. What are your top three relationship dealbreakers? (You need to know how long the rope is before you get kicked out or stabbed)
8. What do you think I want from you?
9. Is there something about me that you would like to change? (No point dating Batman when all she wants is Superman)
10. Is there anything about your past that may potentially affect this relationship that you’d like to share?
These questions answer the basic questions your even more basic question hoped to unravel so stop asking this patriachal question because no woman ever let a man’s body count change the game so why should you?
Have a great Saturday night chutzpah fam,