Hey guys, Memoirs of a woman with chutzpah recently won another award, bestowed on us by a really cool mom-diva I only just discovered- Chinny! Here’s a link to her blog: http://isetfiretotherain.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/you-blog-i-blog/ 😉
It was quite unexpected and with utmost delight and lots of giggles, I wanna dedicate the award to my fans especially the ones who send me comments via fb, linkedin, blackberry messenger, face to face, twitter and especially those who take the time out to post comments on the blog site. Also wanna dedicate the award to my fellow bloggers both friends and frenemies, my old editor (you-know-yourself), my ‘heart’ and my whole army of family and friends. Love you guys and grateful for the support. All glory to God!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
The award came with some conditions (no free lunch in Freetown) 🙂 Here they are:
1.Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
Ok here goes…
I’d like to thank Chinny for the award, she’s a great writer and I enjoyed reading 7 awesome things bout her and can’t wait to explore her blog. 😉 I wanna assure her that with the heart she’s got beating beneath her left breast, she’ll always be a great mom and also warn her that hating onions makes her more prone to a vampire attack (or is it garlic?) 😉
Anyway thanks so much for the recognition and thanks for reading my blog.
(There’s a link to her blog above)
Now this is the scary part…7 more things about me??? *can’t look*
Gave you 27 on my birthday, soon you’ll know the color of the pata I wear on Sundays. :O Geez! TMI… Stalkers keep off, don’t make me go gaga on your ass!
*Diva moment over*
Now back to the task at hand:
1. I love cartoons and I totally love Disney channel on DSTV…my bf thinks it’ll make me dull 🙂 but I figure you fry the same brain-cells watching African Magic as you fry re-living your childhood on a flat screen!
2. I used to be un-adventurous when it came to travelling but all of a sudden my parents are complaining that I can’t keep my feet in one town for 2 minutes. I blame NYSC because before I got posted to Ondo state against my wishes, the only place I’d travelled to alone was Johannesburg while in med school for a one month electives program! Now in less than a year, I’ve been to Kaduna, Abuja, Benin, Akure and Ibadan. 🙂 More travels to come…at least, till the day I become the ‘good wife’.
3. I’ve been an MC at three bridal showers! When my friends convinced me to do the first one, I wondered how on earth they could have thought I’d be great for the part and despite my un-confessed stage fright, they made me do it and now I’m considering a career in it! 🙂 ‘Jill of all trades’
4. I recently discovered that onions don’t make me cry anymore. Not sure if I’ve run out of tear-resources but I remember my struggle with onions and all the remedies I tried in a bid to look sexy while chopping ’em. (Trust me a runny nose, eyes bloodshot from crying and black streaks of mascara running down my face do not a charming cook make!)
I tried refrigerating the onions and tried chewing gum while cutting. Even tried facing a particular direction, can’t remember if it was against the wind or facing the wind but suddenly, I’m a hardened cook and those 10 onions had nothing on me! 🙂
5. I believe no price is too much to pay for comfort! Well I mean monetary price oh, not blood and tears! On several occasions I have paid the hairdresser extra to come do my hair at home, I recently paid the phone guy to deliver my new blackberry at home and I have been known to pay the optician, shoe/dress-seller, tailor etc just so I can avoid the blazing sun and traffic! I sacrifice my hard-earned dough taking cabs when a car is not available and would rather sit at home than jump a bus if I can help it. Practising for the life of the rich and famous 🙂
6. I love the wind in my face and after I got over my phobia of okadas last year and actually rode one, I’d have been un-stoppable save for the fact that my mum forbade us from sitting atop an okada in Lagos. She wants us alive and with our limbs intact! I confess that I have broken this rule once or twice in Lagos (sorry mum, had to!) But outside Lagos, I’m a badass passenger! 🙂 🙂
7. My sisters call me ‘the crazy perfectionist!’ Hehehe 😉
From time to time, my alter-ego comes out and I become a clean freak. The girl who decides out of the blues that the whole house needs spring-cleaning and surface cleaning isn’t ok or that an abandoned store-room needs to be put in order! I guess I do have a ‘choleric’ lurking in there somewhere. When I was doing my internship at LUTH, my colleagues used to call me a machine cos once I was in work mode, I was unstoppable and never tired. Pity my sanguine is the dominant me and I do enjoy lazy days a tad too much… 😉
Now time to pass this award on to 15 recently discovered blogs…
I didn’t know there were so many blogs out there till the Nigerian blog awards. Before then, I only knew about Bellanaija (http://bellanaija.com), Memoirs of a slu…shhkid (http://www.360nobs.com/category/360-randoms/memoirs-of-a-slu-shhkid/), Femmelounge (http://femmelounge.org) and Diary of an ex-schoolnerd (http://exschoolnerd.net). Still love these websites but now I have so many more that are competing for my heart especially the new ones that remind me of how scary but fun starting a blog can be.
So today I’d like to bestow this award to 15 blogs that I find thoroughly fascinating!
In no particular order…
1. …What I think: http://babaneyo.wordpress.com/
2. Chronicles of a student who knew too little: http://www.pipishakes.blogspot.com/
3. Chronicles of da naïve: http://boyindizzl.wordpress.com/
4. Throes of a Safi boi: http://leonmacedon.wordpress.com/
5. Donsege: http://donsege.wordpress.com/
6. Ebuwa Alhaji speaks: http://ebuwa-alhajispeaks.blogspot.com/
7. Out of my head: http://ladetawak.wordpress.com/
8. Feisty pen: http://berryfeistypen.blogspot.com/
9. FAB blog: http://blog.fabmagazineonline.com/
10. Rose of Sharon: http://roseofsharonwrites.blogspot.com/
11. eTransformed: http://etransformed.wordpress.com/
12. GISTDOTCOM: http://gistdotcom.com/
13. The toolsman’s blog: http://thetoolsman.wordpress.com/
14. Good Nigerian Girl: http://goodnigeriangirl.com/
15. Le Dynamique Proffeseur: http://dynamiqueprofesseur.blogspot.com/
Hey winners, the same 3 conditions apply- scroll up to read ’em again. (I don’t make the rules!) 😉 😉
I wanted to put Myne Whitman writes: http://mynewhitmanwrites.com/ because I absolutely love her but she had already received the award! (Much love sis!)
So thanks again Chinny for giving me something new to write about today and of course, for the award!
Memoirs of a woman with chutzpah is a year old this month (yay me!)…I wonder what would’ve happened if I wasn’t bored to my ears that fateful afternoon???
Have a great day peeps…only a couple of hours left and we get to say TGIF!!! xoxoxo 😉