Guess what peeps? Our very own ‘Memoirs of a woman with Chutzpah’ got nominated for 5 different categories in the Nigerian Blog Awards. My heart was beating so fast when I clicked the link to see what blogs got nominated. I warned MTN under my breath to better behave as the page loaded and lo and behold there we were. I couldn’t have done it without you guys, my avid readers. And to celebrate, I poured a libation of cold Coca Cola down my throat. Ah well that ruined my diet for the day, but it was all for you… 😉
It’s not over yet guys, the race just begun. We have to VOTE! VOTE!! VOTE!!!
Warri no dey carry last oh!
so here are the categories we were nominated for: *Drumroll*
-> Best Blog by a Nigeria-based Blogger
-> Best New Blog
-> Best Personal Blog
-> Most Inspiring Blog
-> Nigerian Blog of the Year
I feel like a politician trying to get votes.
So my people here is my manifesto… 😉
– If you vote for me, I will make sure every chick with a big bele gets a free tummy tuck!
– If you vote for me, I will ensure that every corrupt politician is kidnapped and his entire stolen wealth demanded for as ransom!
– If you vote for me, I will make Friday a work-free day!
– If you vote for me, I will ensure that only hot celebrities have nude pics on twitter!
– If you vote for me, I will ensure that all the policemen on the road have at least 10 twenty naira notes in their pockets at all times!
– If you vote for me, I will ensure Boko Haram gives us at least a week’s warning before bombing a place!
– If you vote for me, I shall scrap NYSC and make all graduates collect allowee till they get jobs (social security)
– If you vote for me, I will ensure the presidency sends a delegate bearing gifts to every inter-tribal marriage to foster national integration and unity!
– If you vote for me, I shall post a picture of me planking! (#planking-new fad…go to twitter for details or http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_down_game)
– and lastly if I win, I shall post a 2 second video of me dancing windeck in your honor! hehehehe
Terms and conditions only apply if your votes lead to victory! 😉
So what are you waiting for? VOTE VOTE VOTEEEEEEE
Get your friends and friends of friends to vote!
Let’s make chutzpah-history! 😉
😉 😉 😉
P.S: Go to http://nigerianblogawards.com/vote.php to vote or click on the link on the lower right side of my blog. Voting ends on 9th July, 2011. Remember to check your mail boxes/spam for the confirmation email and to click on the link in it so that your vote can be counted!
I crave your indulgence, new posts coming soon.
Love and appreciate you all! xoxoxo 😉