57 hours till the new year…countdown continues!
Wanna kick-start 2013? Here are 10 more things that will help get your oomph back in the new year!
11) Take a trip! Now is the time to plan that holiday so you can start saving towards it. Depending on your budget, the trip could be packed with fun and adventure or be an exotic one but even if it’s just some time away from work and home, one thing they all have in common is the serenity that envelopes you when you get some ‘me’ time. It’s therapeutic I tell you! And it’s a time for soul searching, rest and embarking on spiritual journeys not to mention rekindling your love with someone special or finding that special person. Yep start planning. We are going on a trip!
12) Quit that habit! Do you know how much time and money you spend maintaining that nasty habit? Yes I know you are addicted but a broke addict? That’s just wrong! Wait till you have as much money as L’il Wayne to smoke pot! You need to take a stand! It takes 30 days to form or break a habit! Are you always late? Do you spend lots of money on alcohol? Do you spend all your time on facebook? All men are born equal. If you disagree, go through the history books and look for men who had less opportunities than you do but took the time and money they had and made themselves into something great! Get rid of that habit! Don’t blame the devil!
13) Say ‘I love you’. We all need to love and be loved. Saying I love you is therapeutic for mind, body and soul. If you don’t love your girlfriend, then say it to your mum. Tell the one person you love over and over how you feel. Don’t assume they know. You never know when they’ll breathe their last. Words are powerful. When you say it, they’ll say it back to you and you’ll be amazed how great it’ll make you feel.
14) Read your bible. God speaks through His word. It’s high time you stopped calling on Him only when you need Him to bail you out. Have a relationship with Him. The benefits are limitless.
15) Eat one fruit everyday! And No, not fruit juice- natural, organic fruit. It’s nature’s gift to you and so many diseases can be prevented when the body has enough vitamins to wage a war against them. Start today!
16) Take a walk! Skip the elevator, ditch the okada and just walk! You’ll burn calories, keep fit, see and hear interesting things and people you’d have missed if you had sped past and you’ll feel good about yourself.
17) Keep an insomnia journal! Ok so you are one of those who can’t sleep? Do you know how awesome it is to be awake at a time when almost every one around you is asleep. It’s a time to brainstorm, get new billionaire-in-the-making ideas, plan your day, talk to Jesus and basically write down every insane thought that enters your head and who knows it may become a bestseller one day! ;-)
18) Write down your goals for the next 5 years. It helps to keep you in perspective and give you a reason to wanna keep living (no time for suicide). It also gives you a sense of purpose.
19) Get a folder of pictures that always make you laugh and look at them when you feel down and need cheering up. You know those pics that always make you burst out in loud, uncontrollable laughter? Yes! Get them all together.
20) Conquer your greatest fear! You can do it this 2013. Fear is crippling, overcome your fears and stand tall. You’ll be so proud of yourself and be elated at how insignificant your phobia actually is. Our mind tends to blow things way out of proportion. You are an awesome being. Conquer your kryptonite!
As the curtains fall on 2012, remember to take a moment to be thankful. Thankful for the family and friends you have. Thankful that you are alive and well. Thankful that the future is a blank cheque and thankful for the chance to re-write your life. If you hadn’t survived 2012 you wouldn’t have this opportunity. Get your pens and paper, the Mayans did their part now is time for us to predict our own destiny!
Happy New Year and God bless.